Our Training Series
Training sessions will include 8-12 hours of training interaction, coupled with practical work which you will conduct on-site.
These will commence on 15 February 2021:
- Lesson Planning for Museum Education
- Building Museum Web Sites using WordPress
- Project Management for Heritage Professionals
- Governance and Management for Museums
Training Programme 1: Educational Engagement and Lesson Planning for Museums
AUDIENCE: Museum Educators and Outreach, Collection Managers, User Engagement, Exhibition Designers, anyone interested in enhancing the linkage between museums and education.
This training course will run from the 15 February to March, with the goal of developing theoretical and practical knowledge concerning modern educational practices and how museums can prepare for a new approach to educational engagement.
The focus of this is in Lesson Planning in which museums can assist schools in structuring lessons which align with the curriculum, and which can also meet 21st century educational needs. However, this training programme is not confined to Lesson Plans, but to educational activities in general including the provision of teaching and learning support materials, physical classroom activities, virtual classroom activities, and virtual museum visits.
The training will consist of the following:
- Pre and post-reviews
- 8 one-hour training sessions
- A number of discussion and presentation sessions, in which the delegates will make the presentations in the group
- Assignments between the sessions, expecting about 2 hours per person for each assignment.
- Formative assessments.
- A summative assessment task, which will involve an exam and practical
The topics will include:
- – Analysing the curriculum
- – Matching museum education to the curriculum
- – Understanding the audience – educators and learners
- – Assessment theory and practice
- – 21 century learning design
- – Blooms taxonomy of educational objectives
- – Digital engagement in the classroom
- – Gaming for education using Minecraft
- – Incorporating coding into learning
- – Lesson planning practices
- – Lesson delivery
For more information please have a look at the course outline: Lesson Planning for Museum Education Course Outline
20 delegates per course, if there are more the course may be split.
To run in September for 4 weeks with 8-10 hours of online live lessons, and a few hours per week of practical work.
Cost: R2500+VAT per person