ETHER has dedicated this page to news and information that is important to the heritage community. This page will contain information on tenders, funding, threats, developments and policies that effect the heritage industry. To have content added please contact Sholeen or Tammy.
You are invited to apply for three vacancies now open at the Msunduzi Museum.
- Chief Financial Officer: (Deputy Director level) Financial and Administration
- Deputy Director: Ncome Museum
- Deputy Director: (Core Functions) Msunduzi and Ncome Museums
Note: This post is being re-advertised
Contact: Mr. Mlungisi Ngubane
Closing date: 10 October 2014
For more information please click here to see the complete advert. VACANCIES
Final Call: DST-NRF Internship Programme 2015/16
An invitation is extended to your institution to participate in the DST-NRF Internship Programme by hosting DST-NRF interns for a period of 12 months, from 01 April 2015 to 31 March 2016. The closing date for declaration of interest is 28 August 2014.
The DST-NRF Internship Programme, managed by the National Research Foundation (NRF), is offering unemployed Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) graduates and postgraduates are afforded an opportunity to acquire practical work experience and improve their competencies through mentoring and exposure to a research environment. Internship opportunities are also offered to successful candidates to gain experience in research
management, research support and administration at public higher education and research
institutions, through a partnership with the Southern African Research & Innovation
Management Association (SARIMA).
For any enquiries please contact the following officials:
Sello Raseruthe 012 481 4388 or
Monwabisi Mfihlo 012 481 4023
Download more details about the Internship Programme here: 2015-16_Invitation to host interns_Final
Africana Library Trust Workshops 2014 – Kimberley
1. Archives and Record Management (advanced)
26-28 August 2014
Mrs Marlene Burger
- Records surveys; Functional analysis; Appraisal, retention, disposal and vital records; Latest archival/records management research initiatives; Memory of the World Programme; Publications, professional societies, etc.
- Technology solutions; Sound and audiovisual archives; Systems/databases currently in use in SA; Evaluation of such systems/databases.
- The knowledge economy; Knowledge management; Knowledge management tools; The knowledge audit; Knowledge management strategies.
2. Introduction to the background and care of furniture collections
7-9 October 2014
Mr. Tizzie Mangiagalli
The course will focus on the care of wooden furniture. Topics include recognizing the types of materials which make up the collections, finishes and furniture styles and then understanding of deterioration, the application of housekeeping techniques in preventative conservation, the moving of artifacts, record keeping and health and safety. Participants will learn how to set standards for routine conservation and maintenance of the collections in their care.
For more information or bookings contact: